Ball tampering - embarrassed to be Aussie

A forum for fans of Australia.
Major Wedgie

Ball tampering - embarrassed to be Aussie

Post by Major Wedgie » Mon Mar 26, 2018 10:44 am

:oops: i think heads need to roll and careers need to end over the latest ball tampering incident from the Australian team. This is something other countries do.

More information: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-26/s ... ir/9586056
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

Aboottarren

Re: Ball tampering - embarrassed to be Aussie

Post by Aboottarren » Mon Mar 26, 2018 2:01 pm

I emigrated from Yorkshire to S Australia in 1967 aged 37, I have been sport mad all my life and I looked forward to coming here as I knew this country was also sport mad,but not as mad as SMITH & Co have just undertaken to put this country in the lowest sporting category it has EVER BEEN IN.We will now be looked down on by most countries and this is a feeling I don't care for.
Just one thing we mustn't forget, other nations have had "cheats",,I never forget Mike Atherton,Hans Krone and Tendulkar have all been guilty of various "tampering" offences, so "PEOPLE WHO LIVE IN GLASS HOUSE SHOULDN'T THROW STONES.
In a newspaper I just read a journalist said "Bancroft would do "ANYTHING for his country"????????????????...really? I thing he should rephrase that paragraph.

Aboottarren

Post by Aboottarren » Tue Mar 27, 2018 12:04 pm

There is an enormous fuss going on about Smith,Warner, and Lehman,people guessing as to what will be the outcome of this "tampering".....I don't think it needs any further looking into, SACK THE LOT OF THEM THAT HAD HAD ANYTHING TO DO WITH THE DISGRACEFUL CHEATING. If any of these players remain in the team I for one will NEVER support the Australian team again, it's like not sending a murderer to jail for his offense.

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Wed Mar 28, 2018 11:35 am

According to Sutherland, only Smith, Warner & Bancroft were involved. Lehmann to stay as coach and Paine to take over as captain. Everyone in the team seems to pissed off with Warner.

Source: http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-03-28/c ... me/9594680
Get your kids in 2 cricket!