Thoughts on the Barmy Army?

A forum for fans of Australia.
CricketLifestyle

Thoughts on the Barmy Army?

Post by CricketLifestyle » Wed Nov 20, 2013 10:56 am

Some say they're like a 12th man out there with their constant chants and cheers. Others say they're just a bunch of beer guzzling englishmen causing trouble. According to the Sydney Morning Herald they're targeting Mitchell Johnson again this summer.

I would love to hear your opinion on them and if you think they contribute or take away from the wonderful game of cricket?

Major Wedgie

Re: Thoughts on the Barmy Army?

Post by Major Wedgie » Thu Nov 21, 2013 10:34 am

As long as they're contributing to our economy we're happy to endure their bathing-free lifestyles!
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

Post by 10940 » Tue Dec 10, 2013 11:51 am

Major Wedgie wrote:As long as they're contributing to our economy we're happy to endure their bathing-free lifestyles!

Incidentally Wedgey on Google I find that only41% of males & 33% of females in the UK admit to only showering once a week.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Pain goes away, pride lasts forever

"In terms of sporting endeavour and prestige, the IPL is to cricket what diarrhoea is to dodgy curry houses - an unfortunate by-product."

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Tue Dec 10, 2013 4:17 pm

That's about 25 million people showering once a week by your stats. If that's the case I didn't think it was that bad!!

I like all the loud cricket fans including the Indians and the West Indies reggae crowd.
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

Post by 10940 » Wed Dec 25, 2013 8:52 pm

I don't think they have enough brains between them to be able to cause us much harm and as Wedgie said they are contributing to our economy so leave em alone and they'll go home wagging their tails behind them,losing test matches is part of their upbringing and they are totally immune to sad feelings.
He who laughs last thinks slowest.

Pain goes away, pride lasts forever

"In terms of sporting endeavour and prestige, the IPL is to cricket what diarrhoea is to dodgy curry houses - an unfortunate by-product."