2017-2018 Ashes series

A forum for fans of Australia.
Aboottarren

2017-2018 Ashes series

Post by Aboottarren » Wed Dec 06, 2017 6:04 pm

I hope all Australians don't get too carried away with the 2-0 series lead,yes it is better than 2-0 down but nobody can kid themselves and say that Australia is outstanding at the present moment,we have a good side at the moment,nothing better to get excited about, personally I can't think any one in the current line up would have been picked in the gifted teams of Greg Chappel,Mark Taylor,or Ric Ponting,.....when they played they were EXPECTED to win,and any total achieved under 400 runs was classed as a failure....CONFIDENCE brimmed in those teams unlike the current team.

Major Wedgie

Re: 2017-2018 Ashes series

Post by Major Wedgie » Thu Dec 07, 2017 11:52 am

Totally agree. I was thoroughly disappointed with our performance in the second innings with the all out for 138.

On a side note: Ben Stokes has been named as part of the squad for the One Day series. What do you think about that?
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

Aboottarren

Post by Aboottarren » Thu Dec 07, 2017 1:53 pm

Hi Major, I don't think Stokes will make much (if any )difference to the poms performances, one player rarely alters a teams performance unless that person is exceptionally good and this doesn't apply to Stokes.whether the poms think it will affect our team mentally I don't know but I would think our lads will just smile at them. Cook,Root,& Ali are all much better competitors than Stokes and they have done virtually sod all in the first 2 tests....personally as an all-rounder I class Maxwell considerably better than Stokes and after his (Stokes) recent public behaviour I certainly would not want him in my side not now or ever again.

Aboottarren

Post by Aboottarren » Fri Dec 08, 2017 2:31 pm

I understand that Matt Prior is condemning the Aussies for "Too much sledging" obviously the poms are losing the sledging battle otherwise he wouldn't be complaining and secondly,and more important who the hell does Prior think he is?? to make such comments,outside of English cricket circles I don't think anyone gives a stuff what his opinions are,he was only a wicketkeeper and not world class so to him I say "MIND YOUR OWN BUSINESS" We Aussies don't give a monkey's what you think. I think you are a whinging pom that just wont accept we are a better cricketing nation than they are.

Aboottarren

Post by Aboottarren » Sat Dec 09, 2017 3:42 pm

I recently read on my PC " Nathan Lyon could drop every ball on a 20 cent coin" I referred to a Yorkshire cricket magazine in which Hedley Verity was acclaimed to be able to ball every ball on a " postage stamp" and Verity reputedly answered with "It would be closer to say "On a sheet of newspaper" The things journalists think of to cause some sensational attitude from the public.

Major Wedgie

Post by Major Wedgie » Sat Dec 16, 2017 4:54 pm

My question was more: "Do you think Stokes deserves to be allowed to play at the International level after his bad behaviour"? I certainly don't think so.
Get your kids in 2 cricket!

Aboottarren

Post by Aboottarren » Sun Dec 17, 2017 3:39 pm

No I don't think he should play international cricket ever again,he is obviously a bad influence on young kids and we can do without that kind of temperament in our sport of "Gentlemen"